Any month is a great month to join Zip Fitness, but February is an especially great month. Why? Because we’re offering a $1 Zip Gold joining fee and a $10 Zip Fit joining fee. This great offer only lasts a few more days, so if you’ve been researching gym membership deals near Bolingbrook, be sure to stop by our Bolingbrook location at 126 South Bolingbrook Drive!
One of the many things that sets Zip Fitness apart from other gyms is our desire to go the extra mile for our clients. One example of our dedication is the Gym Genius, a friendly and knowledgeable fitness trainer committed to improving your in-gym experience. And best of all, the Gym Genius is free to all Zip Fitness members! If you’ve been searching for a fitness center near Arlington Heights, this is an offer you won’t want to pass up!
From time to time, Zip Fitness likes to pass along some helpful workout tips to our loyal blog readers. As we inch our way out of winter and look forward to spring, who knows? Maybe these tips will end up being the backbone of your new and improved workout routine.
1) Be consistent. It doesn’t matter how multi-faceted your workout regimen is – if you don’t do it consistently, you won’t get the results you’re looking for.
2) Follow an effective exercise routine. This could mean strength training for 20 minutes a day/2x a week to get toned, doing interval training for a well-rounded workout, or spending 60 minutes a day on cardio/aerobic exercise.
3) Set realistic goals. Sure, we’d all like to look like Mr. or Mrs. Universe after three months in the gym, but it’s not gonna happen. Instead, start small. For example, if your goal is to run a 5K, begin by walking 15 minutes per day, and adding time, distance and intensity with each subsequent workout.
4) Be happy. Pick exercises that you enjoy doing. If you’re not a “weights person,” don’t bother with the bench press. There are plenty of other ways to lose weight and get in shape without pumping iron.
5) Find a buddy. Team up with a friend or relative who shares your interest in getting fit. Exercise together, encourage one another and celebrate the benefits of your hard work. Why go it alone when you can share the journey with someone?
6) Be patient. Great fitness doesn’t come overnight. With perseverance and dedication, you’ll reap the results you’re looking for.
Walk into any one of our six Zip Fitness locations: Waukegan, Chicago, Joliet, Bolingbrook, Round Lake Beach and Arlington Heights – and you can walk out ten minutes later as a full-fledged Zip Fitness member. Just $12.99 a month gets you unlimited usage of the Zip gym where you join, with no annual fee and no hidden fees (processing fees, “convenience” fees, card fees, etc.). All you pay is your one-time signup fee and your monthly dues. That’s it! Also, you can enhance your experience by purchasing a Zip Gold membership, which includes a free guest pass with every visit, unlimited access to all Zip facilities, unlimited free tanning, an ActivTrax online nutritional and fitness coach, and a Zip Fitness water bottle + t-shirt — all for just $24.99 a month!
Zip Fitness believes that the more tools we offer our clients, the better their chance of reaching their fitness goals. It’s not a complicated philosophy – it’s simply about giving our clients what they want. And one of Zip Fitness’s most popular offerings is our personal training program. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a brand-new member or a gym veteran – our personal trainers have the talent and the know-how to tailor a personal fitness program that hits every target you’ve set for yourself. Resistance training, cardio, muscle-building – you name it, you can do it at Zip Fitness, one of the leading health clubs near Round Lake. Continue reading
At Zip Fitness, we love keeping our members motivated and informed. Knowledge is power, especially when it comes to taking care of your body. With that in mind, here are some helpful tips for achieving and maintaining good health. Some of them are obvious, but they bear repeating – and all are relevant whether you’re a fitness first-timer or an experienced athlete.
1) Don’t smoke. Smoking kills 440,000 Americans every year. ‘Nuff said.
2) See your doctor regularly. Blood pressure checks, immunizations, general health checkups. It’s all important.
3) Pursue a healthy diet. Cut down on red meat and animal fat. Increase your intake of fruits and veggies. Drink lots of water.
4) Exercise regularly. Hey, we know a thing or two about this!
5) Get enough sleep. 6 – 8 hours is a great target range. Sleep is healing and restorative, not to mention natural.
6) Limit alcohol intake. This will both help you cut back on calories, and keep your system running clean.
7) Watch your weight. Yep, this is another area that Zip Fitness can certainly help with.
8) Take care of your teeth. Brush twice a day, floss every day (yeah, we know) and visit your dentist regularly.
9) Be a lifelong “health student”. Never stop educating yourself regarding fitness, diet and personal wellness.
10) Mind your emotional health. Make time for yourself and your emotional needs. Don’t get caught up in life’s minutia. It goes by pretty quick, you know.
Zip Fitness prides itself on being a gym that caters to all ages, body types and fitness levels. We strive to be Chicagoland’s go-to fitness center for personal training in Chicago and weight loss solutions near Waukegan, so give us a shout today and join the fun!
It’s a brand-new year, which means plenty of people are on the hunt for gym membership deals near Chicago. If you’re one of them, you should visit one of Zip Fitness’s convenient locations and see what we have to offer. To be honest, we think you’ll be impressed. And if you decide to join the Zip Fitness family, what better way to start off 2015 then by going for the gold – as in, a Zip Fitness Gold membership! Gold members enjoy a variety of great perks, including:
- Unlimited facility use
- An ActivTrax online fitness coach
- Unlimited tanning
- One guest pass every visit
- A Zip water bottle and t-shirt
If you’re looking for a clear path towards optimum personal health and fitness, a Zip Fitness Gold membership is the way to go. Unlimited facility access? An online fitness coach? Where do I sign up? Not to mention unlimited tanning privileges in one of our most excellent Hex II Tanning booths, which provide a healthy-looking, even tan all year-round.
Our locations include Arlington Heights, Bolingbrook, Chicago (Harlem-Foster), Joliet, Round Lake Beach and Waukegan. Each gym is staffed by friendly, knowledgeable fitness experts who are more than happy to assist you at any time as you tackle your fitness goals head-on. Moreover, all of our gyms provide flexible hours, cutting-edge fitness equipment and a great atmosphere courtesy of customers who are all looking to achieve better health. Also, our locker rooms are large and clean, with top-notch toilet and shower facilities and over 100 lockers. All you need to do is bring your lock, towel and shower supplies. We’ll handle the rest!
Whether you’re interested in gyms near Bolingbrook or health clubs in Joliet, Zip Fitness is ready to exceed your expectations. Hope to see you soon!
Ask any of our great members and they’ll tell you the same thing: Zip Fitness isn’t your ordinary gym. At Zip, we believe in promoting a friendly, attitude-free workout environment where people of all ages and fitness levels can feel good about improving their health. And regarding health improvement, Zip Fitness offers plenty of options, such as:
Have you heard the news? As of December 8, 2014, Zip Fitness’s new Arlington Heights gym is open for business! We’re near the corner of Rand Road and Arlington Heights Road, next to Value City Furniture, and we look forward to joining the Arlington Heights community and making lots of new friends. We’re open seven days a week: 4:30am – 12am Monday – Thursday; 4:30am – 10pm on Friday; and 6am – 8pm on Saturday and Sunday. We have some great Grand Opening Specials happening right now at both the Zip Fit and Zip Gold membership levels – register today and take advantage of these great deals!
Well, it is official: winter has arrived, and certainly was not shy about its arrival this year. With the arctic temperatures that have set in across Chicagoland in the past ten days, dreams of wonderful runs outside along the lakeshore or on your favorite trail across Chicagoland have become just that – a dream, at least until warmer temperatures arrive once again. We do not mean to be the pessimist here, but we are not holding out for that to happen again until spring time. Continue reading