Work hard, play hard. That’s what we do at Zip Fitness, and you can too when you join one of our six state-of-the-art, down-to-earth gyms, located in Bolingbrook, Joliet, Chicago, Waukegan, Arlington Heights, and Round Lake Beach. Our gyms are focused on helping you meet your fitness goals: weight loss, personal training, improved cardiovascular – whatever you want, you can achieve it at Zip Fitness!
If you’ve been thinking about weight loss in Arlington Heights, Zip Fitness is the place to be. Located at 50 W. Rand Road, our Arlington Heights location is our newest, and it has everything you need to reach your personal fitness goals. Join now as a Zip Fit member and you’ll get almost 80% off of your one-time joining fee, and for a monthly fee of just $12.99 you’ll enjoy unlimited facility usage and a free first workout with one of our fantastic personal trainers.
With temperatures rising and summer just around the bend, Zip Fitness, a great place to find top-notch personal training in Chicago and budget-friendly tanning near Joliet, is here to pass on some tips for working out safely in warm weather. Keep this info in mind whether you’re pumping iron at one of our gyms, or doing some lakeside cardio!
1) Dress appropriately. The best way to keep your body cool is by wearing loose-fitting polyester/cotton-blend clothing, or clothing specifically designed to reject moisture.
2) Stay hydrated. Everyone knows this one, but it bears repeating, since sometimes we get so into our workout that we don’t remember to take a water break. Opt for coconut water instead of sports drinks and other sugary liquids.
3) Don’t exercise during midday, which is “peak heat” time. Instead, get your workout in at night or in the morning.
4) Protect your skin. Shy away from sunscreen – it prevents vitamin D production and allows harmful chemicals to enter your skin. Wear light-colored clothing, and a hat if necessary.
5) Let your body acclimate to the heat. Start your workout slow and increase the intensity as your body adjusts. The faster you break a sweat, the more tolerant your body is of the heat.
6) If possible, find a shady area to workout in. A forest preserve, a tree-filled park – anywhere that stays cool when the temperature rises.
7) On really hot days, make your workout one of the aquatic variety and trust water to naturally cool your body. Head for the lake and avoid hazardous pool chemicals.
8) Workout barefoot. New research shows that the ground collisionforce generated by a running shoe hitting the ground increases injury potential. Running barefoot also allows your body to absorb beneficial negative electrons.
See you in the gym!
Looking for personal training near Joliet or a gym membership in Round Lake Beach? Choose Zip Fitness, where our facilities are cutting-edge, our equipment is state-of-the-art, and our staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Why will you love Zip Fitness? Let’s count the ways:
- Unlike some gyms, we offer memberships that are affordable – meaning you’ll spend more time working out your body and less time opening up your wallet.
-At each of our six Zip Fitness locations, our staff is handpicked for not only their knowledge of various fitness equipment and exercises, but also their ability to interact with our great members and help them get the most out of their Zip Fitness experience.
- We offer a wide variety of brand-name fitness equipment, so you can count on getting a workout that’s top quality without having to wait for a machine to open up.
- In addition to a first-rate gym workout, we offer spacious, clean locker rooms, a number of Hex II tanning booths, and a multipurpose stretching room for your pre and post-workout warm-up/cool-down.
Another great thing about Zip Fitness is the diversity of our membership. Some of our members have been fitness mavens for years, but for many others, Zip Fitness is the first gym membership they’ve ever had. Regardless of where you fall on the spectrum, be assured that Zip Fitness caters to all fitness levels, from triathletes and accomplished runners, to people from all walks of life who strive for better personal health.
Visit our “Locations” page to find the Zip Fitness gym closest to you, then drop by and have a look around. We think you’ll like what you see, and we hope you’ll join the thousands of Zip Fitness members who trust us to help them achieve their personal fitness goals!
Zip Fitness – it’s where people throughout Chicagoland go to get fit and have fun doing it. So whether you’d like to pick up a new gym membership in Bolingbrook or start tanning in Chicago, we have the equipment, the staff, and the can-do attitude to help you accomplish your fitness goals, no matter how lofty. And guess what? May is a great time to join your local Zip Fitness center, because you can get a Zip Fit membership for only a $20 joining fee, and a Zip Gold membership for just a $10 joining fee! All of our Zip Gold members enjoy unlimited tanning, unlimited facility use, one guest pass every visit, and access to our ActivTrax online fitness coach. Plus, you’ll get a complimentary Zip water bottle and t-shirt! Doing some cardio at Zip Fitness while sporting your Zip tee and slaking your thirst with your brand-new Zip Fitness water bottle–it doesn’t get any cooler!
With spring in full bloom and summer just around the corner, there’s no better time than now to join Zip Fitness, one of the Chicago area’s hottest gyms. Whether your goal is improve your cardio, build muscle mass, or optimize your tan for beach season, Zip Fitness has just what you need.
Where can you work out and get fit in a fun, relaxed gym atmosphere where positive vibes and consistent encouragement are the norm? Zip Fitness, of course! Unlike some other gyms, where it’s all about being seen and how much you can dead-lift, Zip Fitness has always promoted an “everybody’s welcome” atmosphere, and we pride ourselves on being the gym where people of all fitness levels can work out confidently and comfortably.
Seeking a fantastically rewarding gym membership in Arlington Heights, but not sure where to look? Guess what — you’re in luck! Our newest gym just opened in Arlington Heights earlier this year, and it’s packed with all of the things you need to realize your fitness goals. Of course, our Arlington Heights location services many surrounding communities, including Mount Prospect, Buffalo Grove, Rolling Meadows and Palatine – so wherever you live in the northwest suburbs, Zip is truly right around the corner!
Summer will be here before you know it, which means there’s no better time than now to join Zip Fitness and start achieving the fitness goals you set for yourself when the snow was falling and the wind-chill was teeth-chattering. Zip Fitness is one of the most customer-centric fitness centers you’ll find in Chicagoland, with six great locations (Waukegan, Chicago, Arlington Heights, Round Lake Beach, Bolingbrook and Joliet) where friendliness and a positive attitude prevail.
Ask any of our great members and they’ll tell you the same thing: Zip Fitness isn’t your ordinary gym. At Zip, we believe in promoting a friendly, attitude-free workout environment where people of all ages and fitness levels can feel good about improving their health. And regarding health improvement, Zip Fitness offers plenty of options, such as: