If building up the discipline and motivation to get into a daily workout regimen is hard, coming back from a pause in your workout is even harder. We can feel our muscles turning to marshmallow, and those pants are a bit more snug than they used to be. It doesn’t even have to be a catastrophic injury, either. Anything from a sprained ankle to a bout of food poisoning, cutting your foot on your son’s Legos in the middle of the night, or binge-watching a new show can be enough to take you off your game for a few days, and then a few days turns into a few more days, which turns into — well, you get the picture. Continue reading
A random Google search for personal fitness training will turn up hundreds of thousands of results, among them plenty of advice on how to train, when to train, what to eat or drink when you’re training, and how to find the best personal fitness trainer. The one question you won’t see asked nearly often enough is a simple one that you shouldn’t ever overlook. Why are you training? At ZIP Fitness, we think that question — the one that gets to the heart of your motivation — is one of the most important you can ask. Continue reading
The other day, I made the mistake of Googling “healthy weight loss.” Why was that a mistake, you ask? After all, ZIP Fitness is, the last we checked, a personal training gym. You’d think we wouldn’t object to that sort of thing.
And the truth is, we don’t, as long as it’s done right. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve seen “One Weird Trick” for weight loss. You know, the ones that always tell you, “Doctors HATE this weight loss trick!” Well, I’ve got news for you. There’s a reason doctors hate those “tricks.” They don’t work, and some of them are downright dangerous. Continue reading
It’s summertime, and fitness aspirants veteran and new are seeking a great fitness center to join. If you’re interested in a gym membership near Joliet or personal training in Waukegan, be sure to visit your local Zip Fitness center and see what we have to offer. From weights to cardio to core training, we think you’ll be impressed. And if you decide to join the Zip Fitness family, what better way to begin your journey than by going for the gold – as in, a Zip Gold membership! Zip Gold members enjoy a variety of outstanding perks, including:
- Unlimited facility use
- An ActivTrax online fitness coach
- Unlimited tanning
- One guest pass every visit
- A Zip water bottle and t-shirt
A Zip Gold membership is the clear choice if you’re seeking the fastest path to optimum personal health and fitness. Zip Gold members get unlimited facility access and an online fitness coach, not to mention unlimited tanning privileges in one of our state-of-the-art Hex II Tanning booths, which provide a healthy-looking, even tan you’ll love.
Zip Fitness is up and running in Arlington Heights, Bolingbrook, Chicago (Harlem-Foster), Joliet, Round Lake Beach, and Waukegan. Each of our gyms is staffed by knowledgeable fitness experts who will be there every step of the way as you tackle your fitness goals head-on. All of our gyms provide flexible hours, cutting-edge fitness equipment, and a great atmosphere courtesy of customers who are all looking to achieve better health. Our locker rooms are large and clean, with top-notch toilet and shower facilities, and 100+ lockers. All you need to do is bring your lock, towel, Zip Gold membership, and a willingness to get the best out of your body. We’ll do the rest!
Want to build muscle, but not sure where to start? Step one is to get yourself a membership at your nearest Zip Fitness location, where you’ll have access to a wide variety of weights and workout equipment. Step two is to check out the following tips and keep them in mind as you pursue your goals!
1) Ensure that you’re consuming enough calories. Your body won’t grow without them.
2) Eat lots of carbohydrates. They’re the fuel you need to facilitate a well-rounded workout regimen.
3) Consume plenty of protein. You can’t build big muscles without a consistent protein supply.
4) To ensure you get enough protein, carbs, and calories, up your daily meal amount from three to six.
5) Eat good fats. They’re important for growth, and there’s a direct link between fat and testosterone levels.
6) Eat a good pre-workout meal. Two great choices are pasta and rice, both of which consist of slow-burning carbs.
7) Enjoy a high-quality post-workout meal. This should consist of fast-burning carbs, protein, and some sugar. A protein shake is a good choice.
8) Drink lots of water. It comprises up to 70 percent of the human body, and muscle size suffers if you’re not adequately hydrated.
9) Use supplements. Items like creatine, joint formulas, multi-vitamins, glutamine, and protein powders really work – provided, of course, that you do the work on your end.
10) Get plenty of rest. When it comes to building a better body, this is the #1 overlooked factor. Between 6 – 8 hours should be your target; your body will confirm the exact length you need.
Ah, summer in Chicago. Warm weather, plenty of fun things to do, and lots of reasons to join Zip Fitness. Here’s one: our July special, which features a Zip Gold joining fee of just $1, and a Zip Fit joining fee of only $10. Chances are you already have that hanging around in your pocket, so why not visit your local Zip Fitness center and invest it in a gym membership you’ll really love! Moreover, with either membership there are no hidden fees, no commitments, and no annual fee. After taking advantage of this great July special, you’ll pay only $24.99 for a Zip Gold membership, and $12.99 for a Zip Fit membership. That’s a small price for getting in shape and looking good – and speaking of looking good, a Zip Gold membership will get you unlimited free tanning!
Work hard, play hard. That’s what we do at Zip Fitness, and you can too when you join one of our six state-of-the-art, down-to-earth gyms, located in Bolingbrook, Joliet, Chicago, Waukegan, Arlington Heights, and Round Lake Beach. Our gyms are focused on helping you meet your fitness goals: weight loss, personal training, improved cardiovascular – whatever you want, you can achieve it at Zip Fitness!
If you’ve been thinking about weight loss in Arlington Heights, Zip Fitness is the place to be. Located at 50 W. Rand Road, our Arlington Heights location is our newest, and it has everything you need to reach your personal fitness goals. Join now as a Zip Fit member and you’ll get almost 80 percent off of your one-time joining fee, and for a monthly fee of just $12.99 you’ll enjoy unlimited facility usage and a free first workout with one of our fantastic personal trainers.
With temperatures rising and summer just around the bend, Zip Fitness, a great place to find top-notch personal training in Chicago and budget-friendly tanning near Joliet, is here to pass on some tips for working out safely in warm weather. Keep this info in mind whether you’re pumping iron at one of our gyms, or doing some lakeside cardio!
1) Dress appropriately. The best way to keep your body cool is by wearing loose-fitting polyester/cotton-blend clothing, or clothing specifically designed to reject moisture.
2) Stay hydrated. Everyone knows this one, but it bears repeating, since sometimes we get so into our workout that we don’t remember to take a water break. Opt for coconut water instead of sports drinks and other sugary liquids.
3) Don’t exercise during midday, which is “peak heat” time. Instead, get your workout in at night or in the morning.
4) Protect your skin. Shy away from sunscreen – it prevents vitamin D production and allows harmful chemicals to enter your skin. Wear light-colored clothing, and a hat if necessary.
5) Let your body acclimate to the heat. Start your workout slow and increase the intensity as your body adjusts. The faster you break a sweat, the more tolerant your body is of the heat.
6) If possible, find a shady area to workout in. A forest preserve, a tree-filled park – anywhere that stays cool when the temperature rises.
7) On really hot days, make your workout one of the aquatic variety and trust water to naturally cool your body. Head for the lake and avoid hazardous pool chemicals.
8) Workout barefoot. New research shows that the ground collisionforce generated by a running shoe hitting the ground increases injury potential. Running barefoot also allows your body to absorb beneficial negative electrons.
See you in the gym!
Looking for personal training near Joliet or a gym membership in Round Lake Beach? Choose Zip Fitness, where our facilities are cutting-edge, our equipment is state-of-the-art, and our staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Why will you love Zip Fitness? Let’s count the ways:
- Unlike some gyms, we offer memberships that are affordable – meaning you’ll spend more time working out your body and less time opening up your wallet.
-At each of our six Zip Fitness locations, our staff is handpicked for not only their knowledge of various fitness equipment and exercises, but also their ability to interact with our great members and help them get the most out of their Zip Fitness experience.
- We offer a wide variety of brand-name fitness equipment, so you can count on getting a workout that’s top quality without having to wait for a machine to open up.
- In addition to a first-rate gym workout, we offer spacious, clean locker rooms, a number of Hex II tanning booths, and a multipurpose stretching room for your pre and post-workout warm-up/cool-down.
Another great thing about Zip Fitness is the diversity of our membership. Some of our members have been fitness mavens for years, but for many others, Zip Fitness is the first gym membership they’ve ever had. Regardless of where you fall on the spectrum, be assured that Zip Fitness caters to all fitness levels, from triathletes and accomplished runners, to people from all walks of life who strive for better personal health.
Visit our “Locations” page to find the Zip Fitness gym closest to you, then drop by and have a look around. We think you’ll like what you see, and we hope you’ll join the thousands of Zip Fitness members who trust us to help them achieve their personal fitness goals!