2017 is finally here! With each New Year, many of us will make a New Year’s resolution. If you are thinking about making a change when it comes to your fitness, we can help! We have a few suggestions. Keep reading for more information.
Fitness is a top New Year’s resolution since the New Year is a perfect time to start fresh. So, we have some suggestions on what your resolution can be and how you can achieve it.
- Resolve to try something new! We find a lot of people don’t stick with their workout routine because they don’t like it. There is so much to do out there – you just haven’t found your perfect fit yet. So, try that Pilates class, join a running group, invite a friend to come with you to the dance class. Just keeping trying things until you find your perfect fit.
- Resolve to make small changes that will add up to big results. Some days, you may not have time for a workout, it happens. But find time for you each day. Whether it’s taking a 15-minute walk, switching to soy milk, or 20 pushups before bed. Those small things will add up and keep you on the right track towards a healthy lifestyle.
- Resolve to not be too hard on yourself! If you had a bad day and want some ice cream, treat yourself! One day of ice cream is not going to hurt you, especially if you are doing small workouts consistently. If you miss a day of a workout, that’s ok. It doesn’t mean the days you do them aren’t changing your life. So don’t get discouraged! A healthy lifestyle is a marathon, not a sprint.
How can you make that you will keep up these New Year’s resolutions? Here are a few suggestions:
- Write it down – you will see the resolution and the progress every day. Writing out your resolutions helps solidify them in your mind and makes them more tangible when you see them in front of your own two eyes
- Find a fitness friend – this person can help hold you accountable. But there’s a catch! You’re in this together, and you have to hold them accountable too.
- Be realistic – you’re not going to drop 50 pounds in a day. Make your resolutions attainable, if you adjust the resolution because you reached it earlier than you expected – great! But don’t hurt yourself because you’re pushing too hard, too soon.
Swing any Zip Fitness location in the Chicago, IL area to talk to our personal trainers, check out the weight machines, cardio machines, and other amenities like the tanning beds. We will help you kick off 2017 the right way and keep you going all year long. We hope to see you soon!