On those days when we’re feeling a little (or a lotta) unmotivated, it seems almost too easy to make excuses about why we can’t make it to the gym for a workout. Memberships and personal training sessions can be pricey, the fear of running into someone you know is something out of a nightmare, and we treat ourselves to a day off when it’s not exactly warranted. The best way to combat this slump is to bring the exercise equipment home to you so you can feel the burn in the comfort of your own space on your own time. Here are the five top exercise machines of 2016 to get familiar with this year.
- ProForm Tour De France 5.0: If biking is your thing but these freezing Chicago temperatures aren’t, this training bike is your perfect match. This stationary bike has 30 gears and a massive decline and incline range to make for an undeniably challenging cycling experience.
- StrongBoard Balance Board: This board takes balance-endurance to a whole new level and provides a full-body workout that strengthens and trains all the stabilizing muscle in your body, especially those in the core. Balancing exercise can serve to increase agility and overall fitness performance.
- Sunny Healthy & Fitness Rowing Machine: If you’re interested in trying out a new type of workout, rowing machines are becoming more and more popular amongst fitness enthusiasts. They provide strength and cardio benefits without aggravating joints and other problem areas. This piece of gear provides full-motion arm capability so you can get the most out of your workout.
- Marpo Kinetics VLT Functional Rope Trainer: Rope trainers are a budding fitness phenomenon that replicate the experience of climbing a rope. This particular option features adjustable resistance levels that offer a huge variety of bodyweight workouts
- LifeSpan E2i Elliptical Cross Trainer: The biggest selling point of elliptical machines is that they provide a full body workout without exposing your joints to harmful stress. This elliptical offers a variety of cardio workouts that have a special focus on the lower body.
At Zip Fitness, we invite you to one of our many Zip Fitness locations to get ideas of what exercise machines and equipment will work best for you in your home. Our Zip Fitness equipment and amenities are second to none, but we will never discourage our members from seeking out other exercise gear to use in their own home when making it to the gym isn’t in the forecast. Our Zip Fitness personal trainers are more than happy to talk about how our equipment can serve you and what to look for in your next at-home exercise machine. If you can’t get enough of fitness and you want to do a little bit at home and a little bit at the gym, check out our Zip Fitness membership opportunities to see what works for you!